Thursday, August 5, 2010

Boston...Baston

Tea Parties, Creme Pie, Mike's Pastries, THE Cheers Bar, Red Sox, MIT, Harvard, the Celtics, Canolis, Boston Common, the Golden Dome in Beacon Hill, and so much more. We didn't tackle all these things while I was in Boston, but just being there, knowing that I was residing in the city of all these things was pretty fantastic.

Brian & Laura are probably the most hospitable, most precious, most compassionate, most down-to-earth, BEST conversationalists on the planet. We met at my cousin's wedding last August, and I got more and more excited while getting to know them because they were both in media and communications and Brian could and would NOT stop taking pictures. Whilst he shot with a Nikon (pfff), we still had a lot to talk about. ;) Laura is serving CONSTANTLY.. she has a new mom's ministry within her church where she cooks/bakes/offers everything for these new moms that just don't have time to make breakfast/cook dinner/run errands. She gives her time..even if she has to make it. Are Laura & Brian inspiring? Absolutely.

Their work is evidence of His passion.
Their marriage is evidence of His love.
Their laughter is evidence of His joy.
Their hospitality is evidence of His goodness.
Their quaint apartment life is evidence of His peace (seriously).
Their housing me is evidence of His patience (haha).
Their life is evidence of Him.

I mean all those things when I type them, and I could not be MORE grateful that they chose to fly me out to Boston to take pictures of them before they POSSIBLY move for Brian to attend medical school somewhere (that was a long sentence..whew). Brian & Laura, I love you guys and appreciate everything you did for me! Words can't suffice. Here are just a FEW images of the many we took day to day.

We went to a fountain type thing.. but it was basically misters coming out of the ground.. yyeah, we don't have these in Lubbock, so it was new to me, and SO fun. We were soaked afterwards. Lucky Laura had a dress on while Brian and I sloshed around in our 794385 lb. wet jeans. :) ..worth it.
Photobucket

I don't know why I love this, but I do, and I HAD to blog it. This is Brian and Laura walking around Harvard campus where Brian took a few classes.
Photobucket

Get it.
Photobucket

Favorite.
Photobucket

These are the steps to the Harvard library. It was huge and gorgeous. I could almost smell the books from the steps. mmm.
Photobucket

Photobucket

The next day, we headed to Boston's North End. Laura & I had delicious canolis and Brian got a GINORMOUS lobster tail. haha. yum.
Photobucket

Just.. couldn't.. help it. :P
Photobucket

LOVIN' the blur and the platform shoes. ha
Photobucket

We passed this alley, and I FREAKED out, and HAD to run back. The light was heavenly.. and I hope I caught the ethereal feel to match.
Photobucket

They are SO CUTE.
Photobucket

Headin down to the subway.. bein sweet and stuff.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We hit up Beacon Hill one night, went to a fancy restaurant with a cheese bar, fancy drinks, and killer pesto pasta! Then, they danced in the street in their sweet suit and dress. love it.
Photobucket

And last, but not least, this is me sitting in a Harvard classroom looking smart.
Photobucket


DON'T FORGET to vote for Brian & Laura's photo in Rangefinder's Passion For Light Cover Contest. It is image #300, and you can vote for it as many times as you want/can at http://www.covercontest2010.pictage.com/photos/vote!

Thanks guys, and in the words of Brian Blank, "let's get out of here.. and make a baby." hahaha

No comments: