Friday, September 3, 2010

Taylor Wedding

Life has been a giant theme park lately. Usually it's just a roller coaster: long lines, ups and downs, a few crazy twists, an occasional drop of excitement, and the relaxing 4 seconds where you catch your breath and finally coast to a stop. So when I say life has been a giant theme park, I mean I am overwhelmed with the amount of options in my life. Every decision is another roller coaster. New experiences have been popping up everywhere, and I'm trying to embrace every single one. Sometimes, standing in line takes foreverrrrr, but every time.. EVERY time, the line is worth the wait, the ups and downs are what makes you learn and grow up, the few crazy twists are what makes the adventure exciting, the occasional drop of excitement is an added bonus, and the gentle coast to a stop is the necessary "chill-time" to just relax and recharge.

Well, this opportunity was just about the funnest and most worthwhile roller coaster I've ever been on. Through many crazy and wonderful connections, I got an email and a phonecall from a couple (Jesse & Helen) in Richmond, VA, asking about wedding collections. Everything happened so fast, and before I knew it, I had a flight booked and was packed up and ready to go. Upon arrival, I met the COOLEST groomsmen with conversational skills through the roof. I love talkers.

The day of the wedding, there were frantic events in the hotel lobby with the whole wedding party and family making sure Jesse and Helen didn't see each other. At this point (besides a looonnng phone convo) I hadn't even met the bride in REAL life yet, so I spotted her in the lobby and decided to leave her alone for the time being and let her know I was here and available for her to boss around once we arrived at the venue. So I walked out of the lobby.. heading to the car with the groomsmen, and I hear, "BETSY!!!" I turned around and Helen had a thrilled look on her face and RUNS to hug me! RUNS! "I'm so excited you're here and you made it safe! Are you taken care? Do have everything you need?" With the rush of the day already there AND picking up its pace, I was surprised and amazed that she found me, called my name out, and ran to hug me. The day only got better, and the happy couple is now one, serving our King together. How exciting!

The wedding took place at Clover Forest Plantation near Richmond. The weather was perfect and the dancing went on for hours. :) Meet Jesse from Arizona, Helen from Hong Kong, the most creative wedding party from all over the world, and the coolest details from a wedding yet:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I LOVED this precious grandma. :)
Photobucket

These are Jesse's parents and Helen's handmade and designed wedding dress from Thailand. It was GORGEOUS and surprisingly, as light as a feather.
Photobucket

Talking to her family before the Chinese traditional tea ceremony.
Photobucket

Best. Laugh. Ever.
Photobucket

Yes. Another dress photo. :) couldn't resist.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

WOWZA. She's a knock-out.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I love hands.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Tell me this isn't the most ROCKIN' wedding party of ALL time.
Photobucket

Yes.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I love the guest sign-in book. Take a photo of yourself, tape it down, and write them a note with markers. So fun.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

This is what happens when you get in the middle of a dance circle. :O
Photobucket

Photobucket

haha.. i LOVE his face.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Thank you Jesse and Helen for this wonderful experience. You two were SO great to work with. I wish we could've spent more time together. Maybe I'll come visit you in Hong Kong. :)

4 comments:

Jesstor said...

AAAWWWWEEEEESSSSSSOOOOOOMMMMMEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks so much! We are SOOO happy. These are incredible. And I share your sentiment... I wish we could have spent more time together and gotten to know each other a little bit. Anytime you're in the DC area let us know, and next time we go to HK we'll send you an invite and be your tour guides. :)

katieface said...

bets you are so talented and post after post you blow my mind with your talent. even when life gets crazy, your work stays constant. i am so proud of you!

Anonymous said...

SO SO SO SO GREAT & BEAUTIFUL!!! Thank you for sharing your talent with us Betsy! We are so blessed that YOU captured that beautiful day because you did it so perfectly. True to the actual event. :) Thank you!! Much love.

~ Renee Mytar ~ (Helen's bigger sis)

veronika said...

WOW!!!
this is awesome !!!
WOW!
:-)