Friday, October 22, 2010

Kaufman Family

Family shoots are always too short, especially with kiddos. I feel like I never have enough time to get to know them and their unique personalities. A few days before this shoot, Cayce (Mom) emailed me some candid photos of each of her kids, briefly describing their personalities.

Cydnie (11) is a West Texas princess..sweet, but is a tough athlete and hunter. Nicolas (8) looks sweet, but has a wild streak. Cecily (2) is a total princess and mildly mischievous.

Knowing these things, I had so much fun trying to peg their different characteristics. Cydnie was the peacemaker.. the protector of Cecily and an encourager to Nick. Nicolas was the clever one.. the adventurous leader. Who followed him? Cecily. :) I connected with Cecliy. I am the baby with one older brother, and I remember growing up thinking, "MY BROTHER IS THE COOLEST!!". So of course, I HAD to do everything Michael did. He was my idol. If he played legos, I played with him. If he played basketball in our driveway until bedtime, I was there with him (until he wore me out or I got hurt). If he wanted to play "war" in the backyard, I was the "nurse" for wounded soldier(s). Everything Michael did, Betsy did. Everything Nicolas did, Cecily did. I loved it. So now that YOU know this family a little bit, here they are. The Kaufman's:

Photobucket

Favorite.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Yes. We HAD to do some silly faces.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

hahah. I had to blog this one. Mom's words right before this shot? "Cecily, listen to Miss Betsy." Sooo, Cecily was obedient. ;)

Photobucket

The girls!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments: