Thursday, November 4, 2010

Michael & Amy | 2yr Anniversary

I HAVE THE BEST CLIENTS EVERRR!!! Even thinking about this shoot makes me laugh. Michael and Amy had such incredible patience. First, they handled my curiosity (A.D.D.) when it comes to locations.

"OH OH! Come over here. I like this."
"Ah.. I changed my mind.. let's go over here."
"That's cool. Let's walk over there."

These are some pretty regular quotes from me on a photoshoot. I guess we can call it spontaneity instead of A.D.D.

I'm not gonna fake it and say that every single shoot runs as planned. I'm still clumsy, forgetful, goofy me, and yes, I'm brave enough to share my faults on my blog. Well, this little occurrence was not in the "plans": I locked my keys in the car. AWESOME! A few years ago, a friend gave me a hide-a-key to put under my car, and I was very thankful. I used it countless times, but was careless enough to not place the hide-a-key back UNDER the car after use. I have locked my hide-a-key in my car with my regular keys many times. In this case, there was no hide-a-key. As soon as I noticed what had happened, a rush of heat came over me from my toes to my head. How embarrassing. We waited until my hero (Dad) came to the rescue with a spare. Best clients ever? YUP. Just wait.. it gets better. Welp, at our second to last location, we drove to an abandoned building (I have no clue what it used to be) and as soon as we pulled up, there was an ENORMOUS amount of cats sitting right where I wanted to photograph, just staring at us. They seemed to multiply the longer we stared back.

Photobucket

Crazy part? They seemed well-groomed, healthy, and taken care of. We got out of the car with shocked faces as we inched closer. Amy: "Surely they'll scatter as we get closer." hahah.. We reached the old building and Michael looks into a barrel and found 98437598 cans of cat food. It couldn't get any creepier. They were such troopers and we ended up shooting there anyway with cats just staring as we invaded their "home". Michael picked a favorite and claimed that he was going to come back and get him. This cat stayed while the other cats meowed and scattered, and he was LITERALLY falling asleep sitting. SO cute. (For those who don't know me, it is RARE that I call a cat 'cute') Here he is:

Photobucket

By the end of the shoot, the day's events were laughable and we ended up getting some fun shots. Michael & Amy are celebrating their two-year anniversary and wanted to photograph this phase of their life before they start a family. Such a great idea. Thanks for your patience you two. ;) Ya'll rocked this shoot:

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments: