Thursday, February 3, 2011

Zimmerhanzel Wedding | Michael & Kathryn

Ahh, finally.. the wedding of Michael & Kathryn Zimmerhanzel. You might remember these faces from their engagement session back in the day:

Photobucket

When Kathryn & I first met up, we talked for who knows how long. We talked about Michael. I spent about an hour trying to pronounce his last name. Then we talked wedding.. and boy, did we talk wedding! She was a planner, an executer, and a LEARNER OF EXCEL SPREADSHEETS! hahah.. I loved it. After our first few coffee dates, this was a more than common conversation:

Photobucket

I have loved getting to know Kathryn more and more while hearing stories of Michael or "Zimmer" (as his friends call him) at every coffee date and in every phone conversation. I was blessed to be able to photograph this fun couple's classic and romantic wedding day. Winter weddings are lovely. :) Take a look:

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Zimmer, getting ready. :)
Photobucket
This is Kathryn, just as excited! :)
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Sooo.. every bride/groom has their own unique "preparation" before a wedding. Sometimes it's kickin' back to relax and sometimes it's one-handed push-ups. To each his own. ;)
Photobucket
I loved her hair.. and you can't tell, but it was FREEZING. She toughed it out. ;)
Photobucket
Christmas treeee!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
hah.. I love them.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
dancin..dancin..dancin.
Photobucket
K & I talked a lot of wedding plans pre-wedding, and the cake was one of the things we talked about ALL the time. She knew exactly what she wanted, but no one seemed able to do black fondant. What? Welp, she finally found someone to do it, and oh my! It turned out perfectly. :)
Photobucket
Dancin' with Grandad. :)
Photobucket
Dancin' with Dad. :)
Photobucket
Photobucket
Favorite.
PhotobucketPhotobucket
I'm pretty sure my shirt got singed from a sparkler this wedding. The day was bound to come. ;)
Photobucket
Zimmer <3 Kathryn
Photobucket

Z & K, thank you THANK YOU THANK YOU for letting me get to know you both and sharing your day of union with me. :) I had so much fun capturing moments of your day. Life is full of those moments. Keep them. Remember them. I hope your moments thus far as husband and wife have been more amazing than you imagined. Please keep in touch. -Bets

2 comments:

Jill! said...

That was amazingly photographed! Is this in Lbk? If so where??

Kasey said...

I was burnt by a sparkler at my last wedding too! =)