Saturday, April 30, 2011

Rachael Carlton | Senior

Rachael is a quiet, sweet, and honest soul. She goes to Canyon High School, and plans on staying in Canyon this next year for school at WT. She hasn't quite decided what she wants to study. I see so many students just pick a major at random and run with it if they're unsure. Most end up hating what they choose, so it's always good to hear that a senior is entering undecided to test the waters in order to nail down a passion. I haven't read it yet, but my aunt recommended a book to me called "48 Days to the Work You Love" about finding your passion and pursuing it. I think my passion is people. Creatively fitting them into a frame through my lensfinder, snapping the shutter, and showing them how beautiful they are is probably my favorite thing. :) It wasn't hard with Rachael because she is such a NATURAL beauty. At the end of the shoot, she busted out a hat, and I about FELL OVER from excitement. (I'm pretty sure I jumped up and down for a while). The last few shots of the session were at sunset. The light was warm, soft, and beautiful, and for some reason, it got pretty silent. I wasn't directing her anymore. She wasn't asking for direction anymore. We were just going. I could see Jamie (mom) out of the corner of my eye and heard a tiny sniff. I stopped what I was doing and looked back at her to find her crying. Her girl was graduating.. growing up. Then I got teary eyed. We were laughing.. crying.. hugging.. it was a mess. hahaha, but definitely a sweet moment. I love these two. Look at how GORGEOUS Rach is:

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
She let me wear the "magic hat" for the last picture. ;)
Photobucket

No comments: