Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Ammons Wedding | Andrew & Dru

DETAILS DETAILS DETAILS! Dru & I first met up for coffee and "wedding talk" early this summer. I left wishing the wedding was the next day; I was immediately excited to photograph this wedding. I looked forward to it allllllllll summer and couldn't wait until the day rolled around. Why? Because Dru is a "detail queen". She is in the Department of Design college at Texas Tech with an Apparel Design and Manufacturing degree, and I knew... KNEW after chatting that afternoon that this would be a KILLER wedding.

It was.

Andrew and Dru were married at a little church in Idalou, Tx. :) I put the address into my iPhone for the rehearsal, and it led me to an open field of nothing with this on my map (Yes, I took a screenshot. I knew this moment was blog-worthy):

Photobucket

Yup. Zero feet until my destination and I would be there. hah.. grr. I tried calling a few people, knowing that the middle of the field was not First Methodist Church. I drove around Idalou for a little while, hoping it would just appear in front of me. The population of Idalou is a little over 2,000 people so you'd think I'd just accidentally run into it, without driving in and out of Idalou a few times, but no. What saved me? A tiny sign that said "Turn at the Dairy Queen for Idalou United Methodist Church." YES! I finally found the quaint little chapel, right in the middle of a neighborhood. The small town feel was perfect for this small wedding.

The reception was held at The Watson Building in Lubbock. I had never shot a reception there, and I LOVED it, so if you are a bride, a soon-to-be-bride, a "helper" of a bride, consider this location for your reception. It was beautiful with high ceilings, romantic low light, and 2nd floor seating. Elegant, but cozy.

Dru, being interested in fashion, did a mentor session with Shan Renee (whom I call the master of light) to see what fashion photography is like. Shan called me to model (haha), and Dru just happened to be Shan's mentee. I hadn't seen Dru in probably years. It was so great to see and interact with her in that time that we had. Dru knows 98375 photographers which is a great thing when you're looking for a wedding photographer, but can also be a tough decision. There is SO much talent out there. She decided to involve herself in different photographer's art which I think is a great idea. Andrew and Dru had their engagements taken by Davy Knapp and bridals by Lauren Clark. To have different photographers' art at different times of your life can be such a neat idea.

The proposal story? Too cute to type.. It involves the grocery store and an empty fridge. Andrew did a killer job with the surprise factor, so please read up on their story here.

Okay, without further ado, meet Andrew & Dru. Yes, their names are similar. :) I feel like I'm just saying Andrew's name twice when I say their names. ;) Enjoy!

Photobucket

Umm.. this dress was fantastic. Couldn't stop photographing it..

Photobucket
Photobucket

Favorite. :)

Photobucket

Was I spoiled with a GORGEOUS bride or what???

Photobucket

This watch is Dru's late grandmother's watch. Her aunt clasped it on her left wrist while trying her best to hold back tears. (I definitely didn't hold back MY tears) I love the fact that, though not physically present, Dru's grandmother was absolutely a part of her wedding day.

Photobucket

Yes. These are hot pink Betsey Johnson stilettos.. and yes, they rock.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

MODEL WEDDING PARTY!

Photobucket
Photobucket

Dru started saying Andrew's vows. They were eager eager to be married. :)

Photobucket

I love me some hands.

Photobucket

Favorite part of the day? The rings. I'm ALL about the yellow diamond and goodness! These rings were p.e.r.f.e.c.t.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Let the dancing begin.. :)

Photobucket

Momma Debusk is a sweetheart. I think I hugged her about 6 or 7 times on wedding day. ha..

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Thanks to Alexandra Nanny for second shooting with me and producing some beautiful images for Mr. and Mrs. Ammons. :) Here are a couple of my favorites from her perspective:

Photobucket
Photobucket

Andrew & Dru, thank you for booking with me and dealing with my over-excitement about details. ;) Both of your families are so precious and it was so wonderful to spend this special day with you and them. Hope your "secret-location" honeymoon was fantastic. May you have a bright and exciting marriage!

1 comment:

Kate Noelle said...

Betsy Bear, THis is incredible. Seriously... You did GOOD girl! Innnnncredible.