Friday, January 21, 2011

Dearing Wedding | Riley & Lindsey

Today is my Nanny's birthday. I can't believe it has been over 5 and half years since she passed away. She has left such lasting imprint on those around her and shown me a strength that I have never seen in any other woman. While she was sick, I spent night after night crying more tears than what I thought was humanly possible. I hated to see her hurting. It wasn't right. The situation made me cry out for healing. It drove me to the cross.. broken and confused. She was diagnosed in 2002 and for 2 and a half years, I lived in fear that EVERYTHING was going to change. Everything was perfect. Why did this have to happen? While everything did change after she passed away, I took the most important lesson with me after her death: HE REMAINS. God stayed. He worked. He moved. He comforted. He healed. His character wasn't shifted in any way. Emotions were chaotic, but He was peace. There, I found rest.

“He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away." Revelation 21:4

I know it seems like an impossible transition to make into a wedding, but it absolutely fits.

I love love LOVE seeing grandmothers at weddings. I think about my Nanny every time I see the bride and her "MeeMee" hug, when I see "Grammy" breakin' it down on the dancefloor, or when "MeMaw" gets tickled during the ceremony. ;) It's such a blessing for me to see these moments. At Riley & Lindsey's wedding, I couldn't stop photographing Lindsey's grandmother. She wore a smile the whole day and had such a servant's heart. She played the piano during the reception and watched with a big grin while everyone danced. :) She is precious.

Riley & Lindsey got married at Horseshoe Bay. I get so excited when I get to shoot "JCREW" weddings, and that's exactly what this was. :) Elegant. Sweet. With a homemade coffee-stained veil and a sunset ceremony, how could you POSSIBLY go wrong? Props to Calli (sister) for being the hero on wedding day.. she was the go-to girl.. she. knew. everything. Alright, without further adieu, check out this wedding:

I want these earrings. :)
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
This is precious Crew, checkin' in on his mom getting ready. He had to peek around all the ladies in the bathroom. ;)
Photobucket
First look.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
OW OW!
Photobucket
Photobucket
one of my favorites:
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Ahh.. I love.
Photobucket
ALL smiles.. the whole time.. ESPECIALLY when the best man faked threw the rings. haha hilarious.
Photobucket
This will be my mom on my wedding day.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
favorite.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Let the dancing begin!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Yeah, they floated away on a boat.. no big deal.
Photobucket

BIG BIG BIG thanks to Alexandra Nanny again for coming to Horseshoe Bay with me to shoot this wedding. :) I can always count on her. Here we are on wedding day followed by my favorite shot of hers from the day.

Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments: