Friday, May 13, 2011

Mary O'Briant | Senior

Meet Mary O'Briant. She is a senior at Lubbock High School with plans to go to Harding University to study Bio Chemistry. :O I can't imagine. This one is smart. Along with being smart, she has an appreciation of Art. We chatted about it for a while, and this question was asked, "Does a photograph capture what's there or is it an interpretation of what the photographer thinks is there?" My mind blew up after discussing it for a few minutes, and then we moved on to simpler conversations like magic scarves and matching boots. ha.. Mary changed from her gorgeous vintage prom dress to a casual outfit of soft pinks and greens. I took her to a tiny wall of green tiles, and it was like magic. Her scarf with pinks, greens, and peaches brought all the colors together. LOVE when that happens. During the shoot, I excitedly showed Mary a photo on the back of my camera of her killer eyes to which she responded, "OH MY GOSH!! I've never had a picture of myself where I just thought, 'Wow. I look good in that picture'". My jaw dropped. This girl was beautiful and never thought a photograph of herself showed that. My words after that statement? "WHATT??! That is going to change today." I'm pretty sure it changed drastically. She moved, laughed, posed, and acted confidently which completely reflected her beauty. I like this girl.

Photobucket
Photobucket
>Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Oh! And check out our matching boots! I call mine my "Shootin' boots", and they are definitely worn (third pair of the same boot that I've owned and worn out), but Mary's looked good! hah
Photobucket

No comments: