Friday, June 3, 2011

Grace McGinnis | Senior

After 2 days of driving to California, I am finally settled and back on the ball with the business. You'll be seeing a lot more blog posts from me. YAY! As I was prepping for this blog post, I laughed out loud at so many funny moments we had on her Senior shoot. She is a total goofball, so photographing her was easy-peasy. She is natural and playful. You'll get one funny story because there are way too many to count. When we were shooting at the hill (1 of 2 hills in flat LBK), she was wayyy far away, and I told her to face the other direction like she was looking over the hill. She was posing, facing the other way, and grinning ear to ear at nothing. I begin snapping pictures, and I faintly hear her yelling voice: "I JUST SMILED!" Maybe (probably) it was a moment where you had to be present at to appreciate. I laughed pretty hard. Grace is a crazy, energetic, bright character. We HAD to shoot in her room because everything about it defined her. Take a look:
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
So I have a problem actually verbalizing what I'm envisioning, and sometimes I just completely fumble over my words. In this case, I asked Grace to sit cross-eyed. haha.. I think I was trying to be "politically correct" and say "criss-cross-applesauce" like all the kids are these days, but "Indian Style" was in my head, and it just came out "cross-eyed". Grace obediently gave me this face. 8) Love her!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
She might kill me for putting this one, but I mean.. really? How could I not?
Photobucket

1 comment:

Kaylynn Marie said...

Heyo! It's Kaylynn from WPPI! I love you and your work and I wish you lived somewhere close so we could be friends and hang out:) Give a shout if you're every in the area! Keep it real!