Monday, June 13, 2011

Jared & Britni | Engaged

I drove to the Britni's aunt's ranch in the middle of Nowhere, Tx. I love going new places and taking in the view on the way, but on this particular drive, there were acres and acres of black fields completely consumed by fires. :/ Texas has had wilfires this year like we've never seen before.. eating up hundreds of thousands of acres of land. Seeing these dry, black fields was depressing and just.. dark looking. I finally made it to the ranch, shot the engagement session with a sweet couple, Jared & Britni. After the shoot, the sun started to set. The light changed every second, and the painting was gorgeous. I haven't seen a sunset that breathtaking in a long long time. There were no buildings to block the sky and swirls of pinks & oranges danced with the dark fog on the horizon. The haze made the colors even more vibrant. I stood in awe, and Britni told me that the sunsets have been extremely gorgeous lately because of all the smoke in the air. I thought that was weird at first. How can smoke make something beautiful? ...but then I just smiled. :) i had impatiently driven through cruddy nothingness.. dry, sad, black.. but now i stood in front of something that brought an itty bitty tear to my right eye. He makes beautiful things out of the dust. On the drive home, I stopped and took pictures of anything and everything. It was a pretty perfect evening. Congratulations to Jared & Britni!! Here are some images from the day:

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
hahaha.. I love them.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
This horse needed some mad attention.. always walking toward them and trying to get in the picture.. and then he smiled at me. :D
Photobucket
The drive home..
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments: