Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Buxkemper Wedding | Drury & Tara

My memories of Tara involve church pre-teen and youth camps growing up. I remember Tara talking about a boy named Drury. Years went by, and I receive a call that she is engaged to Drury. I could write this blog entry about the beautiful pink flowers, the sweet daddy-daughter dance, Drury's precious grandma, the tough wedding party handling the sweltering heat, or Tara's killer 26lb dress, but I decided to ask Tara to tell her and Drury's story instead. :) Read up on Drury & Tara from Tara's perspective:

"Drury and I met back in high school. I was 14 and entering my freshman year and Drury was 17 entering his senior year. It was the summer of 2003 in July during band camp :). I was 3 days late for band camp because I had just gotten my braces off :(. During the 3 days I missed the freshman were learning how to march, and I of course missed out. When I was able to attend band camp I was of course behind all the freshman and still had to learn to march. Soooo the band director paired me up with a senior to teach me how to march. Guess who the lucky senior was?! yep Mr. Drury Buxkemper!! We had to go off to the side by ourselves... He called me a Nazi because I marched soooo stiffly! Little did he know it was due to nerves because I was sooooo extremely nervous because he was just so darn cute! I can remember exactly what he had on! He had on jeans, a white sleeveless shirt, a green structure hat, oakley sunglasses, and tennis shoes on! he was perfect! But I knew he wouldnt even give me the time of day me being a freshman and him being a senior! Ohhhhh but was I wrong!! All band members were encouraged to get together every night of band camp and do something fun to get to know each other. We did things such as bowling, putt putt, etc. During our lovely band get togethers he would be asking my friends about me and vice versa! The night we went bowling, he had sent a friend over to me to find out what I thought about him! ( sooooo high school but sooo cute :)). Soon after we had found out all the goods about each other we exchanged numbers and began talking like everynight for 3-4 hours. We began dating a month later in August! We had a few bumps in the road at the beggining because of our age difference and the different stages we were at in life. We dated on and off through high school, and then broke up what we thought was for good when I went of to college. We didnt date at all my freshman and half my sophmore year in college. We went our separate ways and dated other people. Something obviously was missing with everyone else. I never felt the same with anyone else I dated. About the middle of my sophmore year I decided to give him a little ring a ding. I began calling and bugging him like crazy because I missed him so much! He was actualy dating someone else at the time :( but they soon broke up when I wouldnt leave him alone :). Ya he missed me too obviously. We dated for about a year before I began to start becoming an annoying little bug about asking when we were going to get married. That didnt go over very well with Drury. He told me to stop bothering him about it or he would never ask. YIKES! Soooo I tried really hard to not bug him anymore, try being the key word. A couple months passed and we had planned a trip to Dallas with my brother and his friend during July of 2010 to watch a Rangers game. Everyone was so sure that Drury was going to propose on the trip, but I really didnt think he would. When we got to Arlington we had a fun agenda planned!! We got there late in the afternoon, so we checked into the hotel, got ready and went to eat. I began slowly looking in places for the ring. The next day we went on a tour of the lovely cowboys stadium, and then went back to the hotel to get ready for the rangers game! I was still looking for the ring but no such luck :( So I was sure he wouldnt propose at the game. We finally arrive at the rangers ball park and Drury asked me if I wanted to share popcorn or something to drink. Me, being the oblivious person I am, told him no thanks because I wasnt hungry or thirsty at the moment :). Drury told me that he was going to go ahead and get a SPRITE for when we got thirsty. So we make our to our seats and take a load off. After the game began I noticed that Drury was acting a little funny. He was really figgety and wouldnt sit still. I asked him was what was wrong and he just replied that he was hot and tired. I thought to myself, "Well grouch, you're in trouble becaused this is only the beginning of the second inning!" About 20-30 minutes later, he asked me if I wanted a drink of SPRITE, and I told him no thanks because I wasnt thirsty! Welllll about 3 minutes later he asked me again if I wanted a drink! I was like, "What the heck? Why does he want me to take a drink so bad?!?" Soooo I took a drink and gave the cup back to him. Drury and my brother's friend were looking at me with a very strange look on their faces. So I thought maybe I missed something... So I grabbed the cup again and looked at the bottom. And OMG! There it was in the bottom of the cup!!! Drury then grabbed the cup from me, took the ring out, poured water on it, grabbed my hand, stuck it on my finger and asked me if I would marry him!!!! I absolutely couldnt believe it!! I had looked for the ring everywhere and couldnt find it!! Annnnddd there was a reason I couldnt find it: My brother's friend had it in her purse! They tricked me!!! But it was so perfect and so Drury! He doesn't like anything to be too public and doesnt like to be in front of a lot of people. So I knew whatever he decided to do wouldn't be something huge. It was very subtle and private, but like I said, it was perfect! I couldn't have asked for it to have happened any other way!"

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Tara's sorority girls came and prayed over her before the ceremony. They also gave her a pillow with Drury & Tara's Let's just say there were a lot of tears.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

hahaha. I HAD to blog this one. Check out Drury's colossal and uncovered yawn. :O

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

This Mom, her two sisters, and their mom holding hands as Tara walked down the aisle. :)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

This little gal was definitely excited about the new Mr. & Mrs.

Photobucket

"I'M MARRIED!!!"

Photobucket

Tara's dress was 26 pounds. Reaching her shoes was definitely a challenge for her. ha. Check out her bridals HERE.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Yeah, I bawled my eyes out:

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Drury is a fireman. This was their getaway "car". Seriously??! SO cool.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Drury & Tara, thank you for choosing me as your photographer for your big day. :) It has been so great getting back in touch with a childhood friend, and seeing her find the man that has chosen to love her forever. I had a blast on your engagement shoot, even though I got my car stuck. (Thanks for pulling me out of the ditch with your huge truck, Drury. ha) It was so wonderful to be there on your wedding day, an absolute honor to be a part. :D

No comments: