Thursday, August 18, 2011

Steinle Wedding | Andy & Stephanie

Steph & Andy. You know those couples that are just THE couple? You spend so much time trying to find something... ANYTHING wrong with them and you just can't?? That is this couple: Steph & Andy. They have been wonderful since day one. The first emailed I received from Steph made my day. She was on Facebook and came across wedding photos of a friend from elementary school, and then hopped on my blog to check out more. I'm so glad she did. After reading my blog, she, Andy, and I had many phone dates. We clicked immediately, and I was quickly booking a flight to Seattle in June. It was so hard to wait for this wedding to roll around, but it finally did. As I landed in Seattle, I was BLOWN AWAY by how green it is. It was the most vibrant green my eyes had ever seen.. the crayon doesn't even exist. Right away, I got to spend the day eating lunch and walking in the soft Seattle rain with Steph. We scouted out locations to shoot the next day, and she showed me where she wanted to have the "First Look". One word came out of my mouth: EPIC. Now, I try not to use this word often because it seems like the most overused word EVER. hah, but I meant it. It was beautiful. Stephanie, in excitement, waved her fists in the air in front of her face, and squealed, "YESS! I can't believe I'm getting the opportunity to be in photos of epic proportion." :) (yeah, that's an awesome bride)

On wedding day, I cried 3 times. I had officially met this couple the DAY BEFORE, and I already loved them so much that I was in tears on their wedding day. The first time I cried was when Andy first saw Steph during the first look. Andy was ALL smiles beforehand.. ready and excited to see his bride. When he turned around to see her, he inhaled deeply, and slowly breathed out, amazed at her beauty. As tears filled his eyes, a sense of gratefulness filled his face. He pulled her in for a hug and simply held her. I lost it. haha It was the most precious first look I've ever seen.

Bubble Tea, glowsticks, cupcakes, and "Friday" by Rebecca Black as the last dancing song: these things are only tiny parts of what made this wedding day so perfect:


Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Storytime! Yes, this is a groomsmen getting an eyebrow filled in before the wedding. Let's just say peer pressure kicked in at the Bachelor Party. ;)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Stephanie's bouquet was GORGEOUS.. shades of creams and oranges were perfect.

Photobucket
Photobucket

Ahhh, I melt.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

hahah.. Andy actually took a phonecall in the middle of photos. The guys were just mocking him. Perfect. :)

Photobucket

Andy's parents were absolutely precious. His mom was so gentle.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Favorite.

Photobucket
Photobucket


A & S had favorite book quotes as the "fortunes" inside the fortune cookies. :) If you haven't read Hunger Games, do so. SO good.

Photobucket

Steph's parent's. :D Such great smiles.

Photobucket
Photobucket

I'd kill for a cousin shot like this. She was sharing secrets with her. ;)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Yes, this is a photo of me. Toward the end of the night, A & S were thanking different people that were part of the wedding day, and they brought me a cupcake because it was the weekend of my birthday. :) Everyone at the reception sang "Happy Birthday" to me. Absolutely precious. Made my night.

Photobucket
Photobucket

So, I had quite the team with me on wedding day. This is Greg, the videographer and my second shooter, Justin. Justin's work blew me away. Below are some my favorites of his from the day.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Epic? YUP.

Photobucket

The famous couple and myself:

Photobucket

Andy & Stephanie, thank you for the opportunity to fly out and capture your day. You two are such beautiful people inside and out, I KNEW it would be a great day. May God give you a bright future together as you learn and love Him completely in every moment. Keep me updated on your adventures as one. :)



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog post was so sweet, Betsy! I even got goosebumps reading about their First Look. We were so blessed to have you capture all the special moments! I'll be keeping an eye on your work for inspiration from here on out. :)

Maxine

Genevieve said...

Oh Betsy, the pics and blog are LOVELY. Absolutely beautiful. You truly captured the magic and joy for this special occasion! Thank you!

Genevieve