Friday, October 14, 2011

Suit Wedding | Richard & Rachel

Richard and Rachel's wedding day was wonderful. I went to high school with Rachel and her older brothers, one who was in my graduating class. At a small private high school, it's normal to know everyone AND their families who have (ever) attended. This entire family is just precious. I have loved spending time with this family. Richard is entering into a fun and solid family, and I'm so excited for their joining of lives.

I have shot so many weddings at The Legacy. My first wedding at this venue was one of the first events there. The rooms were pretty desolate, empty and undecorated. The past few years, the staff at The Legacy has worked hard to make it a cozy environment for a bride and groom's big day. They added couches, decorative mirrors, and chandeliers where the girls get ready. This room has gone through so many changes, so I was curious of its changes within a day. I photographed the room the morning of the wedding and again that afternoon when the girls had spent hours prepping in it:

Photobucket


These are the crazy sparkly shoes that Rachel picked for her and her bridesmaids. The girls practiced walking in them before the wedding. Let's just say I would've busted, but they did an awesome job!

Photobucket

Most of the bridesmaids know what Rachel is laughing about in this photo. ;)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Ahhh, I love Rachel's mom.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

These flower girls were AWESOME.. just in their own little world and loving the crowd that "Aww'ed" at their performance.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Such a memorable part of the ceremony when this little one creeped right to the middle of the stage, but kindly moved out of the way right in time for the kiss. :)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Favorite:

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

When it came time for the speeches at the reception, Rachel & Richard had a little something prepared. :) Richard's best friend (and best man) couldn't make it to the wedding because he's in Iraq serving our country, so he filmed his speech to be played at the reception. His mom was at the wedding and had NO idea. So this is her reaction to her son's speech from thousands of miles away. :) It was a pretty cool moment.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Favorite reception shot.. he found the spotlight. ;)

Photobucket

Alexandra Nanny was my second shooter again.. a definite favorite of mine. Here are some shots from her perspective:

Photobucket
Photobucket

Oh, and here am I!

Photobucket
Photobucket

Richard and Rachel, thank you sooo much for letting me be at your wedding!! I had so much fun capturing the little moments and details of your day that made it YOURS. Am I allowed to say that I'm excited for little redheaded babies? I just said it... soooo... I hope so. ;)

No comments: